Center at Northridge is an average-sized nursing home located in Denver, Colorado. It looks like this is a very good nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. At the end of the day, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for most people. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category grades, which are also strong.
Center at Northridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care grade. Short-term care ratings are critical for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's inspection reports. We awarded it an B+ for that area. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without having complete deficiency data, it is a challenge to grade the place in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Center at Northridge?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Nursing scores are primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care, in which this facility received a B. This nursing home turned out to be strong across the board. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Center at Northridge Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Center at Northridge, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Center at Northridge, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.31 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)0.32 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)0.44 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)4.47 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)5.02 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)5.06 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)6.71 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)7.76 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Commerce City Dialysis (Dva)8.78 miles away6320 Holly St Commerce City Colorado 80022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 853-4300