Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This nursing home received an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. This nursing home is about as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating weighs many subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't grade out terribly in the area of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that area, which wound up being another one of its higher scores. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Unfortunately, this nursing home received a lowly F for its inspection score. This is a particularly important category. Grades in this range often point to red flags on the facility's government inspections. For facilities that received this bad of an inspection rating, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home was hit with 8 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a rock bottom grade in this area also. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 88.44444 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points less than what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that have had UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.16% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 94.15% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.92 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.18 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis1.23 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita1.26 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Davita - New Hope3.6 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- East River Road Dialysis4.92 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit5.29 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita5.35 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis5.4 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959