Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This nursing home received an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. This nursing home is about as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Unfortunately, we didn't have any favorable things to say about this nursing home's overall score or its category scores. However, with a grade of just D in this area, it still performed badly. Our nursing grade is based on a host of factors. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection rating where it received a lowly F. This typically means we found some major red flags on its inspection reports. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility was hit with 8 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed significant government fines recently of more than $100,000. This typically indicates that a nursing home'spoor track record spanned several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. Short-term care scores are crucial for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this facility offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 3 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care. We gave it an F for this category, which is a rock bottom grade. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. One of the data points we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 91.70731 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 93.57% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many believe that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Centennial Gardens for Nursing & Rehabilitation, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.92 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.18 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis1.23 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita1.26 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Davita - New Hope3.6 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- East River Road Dialysis4.92 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit5.29 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita5.35 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis5.4 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959