Cedarwood Plaza is a nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio which has 769,341 people. This turns out to be a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. Even in a city with 48 nursing homes, this nursing home turns out to be a respectable choice. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
12504 Cedar Road,
Cleveland OH 44106
93.04% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also received top notch inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's quality category grades came in the area of short-term care. We awarded them one of our more positive grades in that area, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care ratings are important for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarwood Plaza?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing scores are primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in that category. This is a fair grade in this category. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.082565 percent of its patients. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarwood Plaza Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarwood Plaza, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarwood Plaza, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents which had a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarwood Plaza, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarwood Plaza, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarwood Plaza, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarwood Plaza, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarwood Plaza, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarwood Plaza, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarwood Plaza, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarwood Plaza, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedarwood Plaza, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedarwood Plaza, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 0.96 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.6 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.33 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program0.82 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East0.82 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Community Dialysis Center1.11 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis1.23 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation1.54 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.61 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center1.8 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Comunity Dialysis Center2.71 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668