Located in Mason, Ohio, Majestic Care of Cedar Village is one of only three facilities in this area. Featuring an overall rating of B-, this is a respectable facility. In our view, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. The best part of this nursing home's report card is is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Majestic Care of Cedar Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection grades are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category scores came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually outpaced most nursing homes in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Care of Cedar Village?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care, which proved to be this facility's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in this category. Of course, this score pulled down the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 94.947365 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Care of Cedar Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have had UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 20% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 90.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 4.24 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.82 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 16.34 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.64 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.03 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Davita Loveland Dialysis2.84 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC2.86 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis2.97 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Dci - Westchester3.33 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Fmc - Kings Mills4.28 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis6.21 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood9.01 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood9.12 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800