Located in Mason, Ohio, Majestic Care of Cedar Village is the only option we identified in this city. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. In our view, we would struggle to recommend this nursing home. Finally, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so hopefully its performance improves in the coming year.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Majestic Care of Cedar Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Majestic Care of Cedar Village has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Mason senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B+. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a decent score in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Care of Cedar Village?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care score. This is not an impressive grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 78.25203 percent of its patients. This is multiple points lower than average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
The last area we scored was nursing, proved to be this facility's weakest area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. Our nursing rating includes a variety of subcategories. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This place provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Care of Cedar Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 10.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 5.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 25.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 21.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 6.45% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 87.58% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 20.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 17.38% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 17.38% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 10.75% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Care of Cedar Village, 64.49% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 4.24 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.82 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 16.34 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.64 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.03 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Davita Loveland Dialysis2.84 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC2.86 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis2.97 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Dci - Westchester3.33 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Fmc - Kings Mills4.28 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis6.21 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood9.01 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood9.12 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800