Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites is one of four available nursing homes in Cedar Park, Texas. This is a well below average facility, with an overall grade of D. Cedar Park received a city grade of B-, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1301 Cottonwood Creek Trail,
Cedar Park TX 78613
63.27% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid government inspections in recent years. We gave it a B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall score. Our inspection scores are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category ended up being its short-term care score, where it received a grade of B-. In forming these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The real question is whether this also impacted quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care rating. This is not a score to write home about. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.42519 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The last area we rated was nursing, in which this facility was given a poor grade in this category as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is definitely somewhat alarming. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which have had a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Cedar Park, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Cedar Park, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Cedar Park Dialysis Center1.08 miles away1720 E Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 528-8478
- Davita Leander Dialysis2.46 miles away2906 S Bagdad Rd Ste 120 Leander Texas 78641Dialysis Stations: 16 (512) 260-4102
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cedar Park2.91 miles away1201 North Lakeline Blvd. Suite 100 Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 17 (512) 259-1329
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.5.9 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis6.92 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center7.26 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Nna - Roundrock8.33 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Madison Dialysis, LLC9.34 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097