Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites is one of just a few facilities in Cedar Park, Texas. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Cedar Park. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cedar Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection scores are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category grades was in the area of long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 97.84173 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a solid grade in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is frequently a meaningful measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
The last category we scored is nursing. We gave this facility a D for the area of nursing, rendering this the facility's worst grade. There are a number of criteria included in this area. Many of these criteria relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 4.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who had a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 0.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 5.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 11.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 5.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 98.92% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 12.03% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 12.5% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 12.5% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 3.57% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Suites, 69.96% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Cedar Park Dialysis Center1.08 miles away1720 E Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 528-8478
- Davita Leander Dialysis2.46 miles away2906 S Bagdad Rd Ste 120 Leander Texas 78641Dialysis Stations: 16 (512) 260-4102
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cedar Park2.91 miles away1201 North Lakeline Blvd. Suite 100 Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 17 (512) 259-1329
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.5.9 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis6.92 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center7.26 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Nna - Roundrock8.33 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Madison Dialysis, LLC9.34 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097