Casa De Modesto is a small non-profit nursing home in Modesto, California. We gave this nursing home a B- overall, which is a solid grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Modesto, which is a B. Despite Modesto having 10 nursing homes available, this nursing home turns out to be a sound option. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Casa De Modesto
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Modesto senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall grade, we gave this facility an A- for its inspection grade. This is far better than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong grade in our long-term care category. We gave this nursing home a better than average grade of B+ in that category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Casa De Modesto?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest area was short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. In computing these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Turning to our next category, this facility received a C for nursing, which is generally an acceptable grade. There are several factors within this area. Most of these criteria relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Although this nursing home didn't have as many nursing hours per resident as many of the other facilities we looked at, it was still better than average in the area of avoiding major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Casa De Modesto Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Casa De Modesto, 11.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Casa De Modesto, 2.91% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Casa De Modesto, 1.18% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Casa De Modesto, 8.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Casa De Modesto, 15.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Casa De Modesto, 6.63% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Casa De Modesto, 97.62% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Casa De Modesto, 12.69% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Casa De Modesto, 25.8% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Casa De Modesto, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Casa De Modesto, 25.8% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Casa De Modesto, 7.19% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.62 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 16.78 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC0.23 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Archway Modesto Home Training0.66 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto1.48 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Wellbound of Modesto2.07 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto2.07 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Parkway Kidney Center2.69 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Archway Dialysis of Modesto4.49 miles away3001 Health Care Way Modesto California 95356CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 543-1720
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres4.95 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700