Caroline Kline Galland Home is located in Seattle, Washington. This city is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation with has 837,792 people. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a superb score. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. This place also received consistently good grades in all of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Caroline Kline Galland Home
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Turning to inspections, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's government inspections. We awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Caroline Kline Galland Home?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. There are a number of datapoints within this grade. Most of the factors relate to nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this facility also excelled in the long-term care category. We awarded it a B+ in that category. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 93.589745 percent of its residents. This is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caroline Kline Galland Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients which suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients which had a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 13.68% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 93.98% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 0.96 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Caroline Kline Galland Home, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Nkc Renton Kidney Center4.46 miles away602 Oakesdale Ave Sw Renton Washington 98057CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (425) 251-0647
- Westwood Dialysis Center4.63 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center5.02 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Bellevue Dialysis Center5.3 miles away3535 Factoria Blvd Se #150 Bellevue Washington 98006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (425) 641-6514
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center5.5 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center5.7 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center6.05 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Nkc Seatac Kidney Center6.19 miles away17900 International Blvd Ste 301 Seattle Washington 98188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (206) 901-8700