Care One at Madison Avenue is a large nursing home located in Morristown, New Jersey. It looks like this is a very respectable facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. You can certainly do much worse than this facility. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Madison Avenue
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Morristown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection scores are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it was given a favorable short-term care score. In fact, short-term care is its second most favorable category score. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Madison Avenue?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. There are many subcategories within this area. Many of the subcategories are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this subcategory.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. In calculating these long-term care grades, we analyze the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 92.27273 percent of its patients. This is a few points less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Madison Avenue Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 6.37% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 89.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 12.57 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Fmc East Morris0.33 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown0.33 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc4.32 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave5.5 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis5.5 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Fmc Kenvil7.71 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC8.31 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange8.34 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300