Care One at Madison Avenue is a large facility in Morristown, New Jersey. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. Based on the data we reviewed, you can do much worse than this nursing home. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Care One at Madison Avenue
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
151 Madison Avenue,
Morristown NJ 07960
61.12% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that area, which is one of our highest grades. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A- for our short-term care grade. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. This place provided more registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. This is what we like to find when assessing a facility in this category. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in New Jersey in this area with 61 percent of its patients returning home. With most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Madison Avenue?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides an incredible 4.2 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is far better than what is offered by most facilities. Lastly, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we looked at. For example, in terms of the percentage of its patients sustaining falls which lead to serious injury, this place performed as well as any facility in New Jersey. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was nursing, proved to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. This was one of the few weak links of a very solid profile. Facilities that do not fare well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. Although we determined this nursing home had an above average amount of nursing care provided by nurses aids and other nursing staff, we found its vaccine statistics to be a bit slightly lower than we anticipated. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 66.210045 percent of its residents. This is a statistic we would like to see this nursing home improve. Surprisingly, this nursing home was not as bad as we expected at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Although it had 2.21 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score wasn't bad due to it having some more complex patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Madison Avenue Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 5.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 92.7% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Madison Avenue, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 12.57 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Fmc East Morris0.33 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown0.33 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc4.32 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave5.5 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis5.5 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Fmc Kenvil7.71 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC8.31 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange8.34 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300