Care One at Jackson is in Jackson, New Jersey, a city with 54,392 people. This is an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the top scores we offer. A score of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. You flat out can not do much better than this facility. As you can find below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category ratings. We gave it a straight A report card!
Care One at Jackson
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jul 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
11 History Lane,
Jackson NJ 08527
36.2% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Care One at Jackson has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home received an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine profile, this nursing home also was given a strong short-term care score, with a score of A. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Jackson?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing rating consists of a handful of subcategories, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home New Jersey in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our long-term care score. This completed a very impressive report card. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.969696 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Jackson Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Jackson, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Jackson, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Jackson, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term care patients that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Jackson, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Jackson, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Jackson, 6.37% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Jackson, 89.73% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Jackson, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Jackson, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Jackson, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Jackson, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Jackson, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.89 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis1.7 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis4.22 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc7.4 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick7.6 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Dci Freehold8.19 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Physicians Dialysis Brick8.54 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Wall Township Home Training9.17 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River9.59 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502