Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The city has a variety of options. With an overall rating of C, this appears to be a middle of the pack facility. This grade is not too far off the city grade for Baton Rouge, which is a B-. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Baton Rouge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category, with an A-. This is a much better grade than the place's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional strength of this facility is its high-end grade in long-term care. We gave it one of our most impressive scores in that category, with a grade of A-. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 96.11872 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
The next area we looked at was nursing, where we gave this facility an F. This was definitely one of this facility's major weaknesses. When determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This statistic is far below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst area is short-term care, which is the final category we scored. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this category. Despite several solid scores in other areas, this score is nevertheless alarming so we would like to to make sure you are aware. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we learned that this nursing home provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical nursing home. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.69% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 16.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 22.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 85.51% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.03% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.75% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Baton Rouge, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baton Rouge, Louisiana has 10 other nursing homes
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- Davita - Mid City Dialysis0.74 miles away2902 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70802Dialysis Stations: 13 (225) 766-0093
- Fmcna - North Boulevard0.87 miles away2661 North Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 387-5777
- Fmcna - Foster Dr Dialysis Svcs1.31 miles away1919 N Foster Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 354-1611
- Fmcna - Dialysis Services of Bon Carre2.21 miles away7656 Realtors Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 216-0388
- Fmcna - Baton Rouge2.9 miles away524 Colonial Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 927-3311
- Fmcna - Airline3.8 miles away5948 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge Louisiana 70805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (225) 357-9055
- Fmcna - Picardy Kidney Ctr4.01 miles away7638 Picardy Ave Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 766-5600
- Fkc - j.h. Lee Kidney Center4.02 miles away5348 Flanders Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 766-3761