Cambridge Post Acute Care Center is a large nursing home located in Snellville, Georgia. This is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on our ratings, this facility has quite a bit going for it. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Cambridge Post Acute Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's quality category scores came in the category of short-term care. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a grade of B+. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge Post Acute Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of B. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.72752 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we rated was nursing, in which we gave it a strong grade of B. This nursing home really didn't have any weaknesses. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge Post Acute Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents who had a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 5.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 93.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.69 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 15.64 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Emory Johns Creek HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away6325 Hospital Parkway Duluth Georgia 30097Proprietary(678) 474-7000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 16.99 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.03 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Fmc of Snellville Inc0.01 miles away2096 Mcgee Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 985-6656
- Nephron Corporation1.21 miles away2290 Oak Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 15 (678) 879-1231
- Davita Snellville Dialysis1.82 miles away2135 Main Street East Suite 130 Snellville Georgia 30078CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 979-3117
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc3.22 miles away4455 Stone Mountain Hwy Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 344-1586
- Rockbridge Dialysis6.17 miles away8032 Rockbridge Road Lithonia Georgia 30058Dialysis Stations: 13 (678) 526-8340
- Davita Lilburn Dialysis6.54 miles away4805 Lawrenceville Highway Nw Ste 320b Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 381-7544
- Nephron Corporation6.65 miles away605 Old Norcross Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 513-0927
- Fms Lawrenceville6.7 miles away1115 Herrington Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30044CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 962-3546