CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute is located in San Francisco, California, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation. This facility received an excellent grade of A- overall. This is even higher than the city grade of A- in San Francisco, which is also well above average. Even in a city with 10 other nursing homes, this nursing home stood out as a superb selection. Scroll down to see this facility's category scores, which are also strong. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute
- Nursing Home
Updated Aug 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
3555 Cesar Chavez Street,
San Francisco CA 94110
Note: Data for CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on San Francisco senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it earned a strong short-term care grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home an A for inspections. Inspection grades are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is based on many factors, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B+ for that category. This topped off a first-rate profile. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute, 9.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute, 14.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute, 3.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute, 7.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In CPMC Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Scores for San Francisco, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Francisco, California has 9 other nursing homes
- California Pacific Medical Center - Mission BernalAcute Care Hospitals 0.02 miles away3555 Cesar Chavez Street San Francisco California 94110Voluntary non-profit - Church(415) 641-6562
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma CtrAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away1001 Potrero Avenue San Francisco California 94110Government - Local(415) 206-8000
- Ucsf Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0296 San Francisco California 94143Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 353-2733
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- California Pacific Medical Center- Van Ness CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away1101 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 600-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 2.74 miles away2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco California 94115Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 833-2646
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Davies Dialysis0.87 miles away45 Castro Street, South Tower 2nd Floor San Francisco California 94114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (415) 252-7030
- San Francisco General Hospital Renal Center1.07 miles away1001 Potrero Bldg. 100, Room 342 San Francisco California 94110Dialysis Stations: 13 (415) 206-8242
- Fmc Potrero Avenue1.19 miles away626 Potrero Ave San Francisco California 94110Dialysis Stations: 25 (415) 648-4182
- Rai Haight1.78 miles away1800 Haight Street San Francisco California 94117Dialysis Stations: 17 (415) 752-9886
- Pediatric Dialysis Unit at Ucsf2.07 miles away1825 4th Street, Room m5209 Box San Francisco California 94143Dialysis Stations: 6 (415) 353-2425
- Uc Chronic Dialysis/Mt. Zion2.44 miles away1675 Scott Street San Francisco California 94115Dialysis Stations: 14 (415) 885-7421
- Rai Ocean Avenue2.65 miles away1738 Ocean Avenue San Francisco California 94112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 406-1090
- Satellite Dialysis of San Francisco2.72 miles away1700 California Street, Suite 260 San Francisco California 94109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (415) 653-5800