Butler County Care Facility is an average-sized government-owned nursing home in Hamilton, Ohio. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a decent facility. Based on our assessment, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive nursing grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Butler County Care Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hamilton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a nursing grade which is stronger than its overall score. We gave this facility an above average grade of B+ in this category. Nursing ratings are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that category, which happens to be one of our better. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Butler County Care Facility?
Moving on to government inspections, we gave this nursing home a D for our inspection category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. We suggest you scrutinize the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a risk to resident safety or health. Lastly, we want to point out that this facility received large government fines recently in excess of $50,000. This typically indicates that CMS inspectors grew tired after several years of failed inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, which ended up being this facility's weakest category. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is certainly concerning. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 93.650795 percent of its patients. This is a few points lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Butler County Care Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Butler County Care Facility, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Butler County Care Facility, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Butler County Care Facility, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Butler County Care Facility, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Butler County Care Facility, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Butler County Care Facility, 21.39% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Butler County Care Facility, 88.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Butler County Care Facility, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Butler County Care Facility, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Butler County Care Facility, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Scores for Hamilton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hamilton, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 11.76 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.04 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Fmc - Butler County LLC1.41 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis2.13 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Fmc - Butler County LLC3.11 miles away4750 Dixie Hwy Fairfield Ohio 45014CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 863-6882
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis3.15 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC3.7 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415
- Bullock Dialysis LLC4.16 miles away1532 Main Street, Suite B Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 737-0158
- Davita - Ross Dialysis4.37 miles awayOne Lane Place 3825 Kraus Land Suite S Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 738-0276
- Dci - Forest Park6.98 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200