Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Los Angeles, California. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Los Angeles, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. We were surprised to find that this facility actually received one decent category grade for inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1016 S. Record St.,
Los Angeles CA 90023
89.69% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. This place was assessed 6 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you that it avoided the more significant categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its short-term care rating, which turns out to be one of its more favorable category scores. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. As you might expect, we found that this place offers far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility received an F for its long-term care score. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is better than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
The final category we rated was nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this area, which is a bottom of the barrel score. Our nursing rating is largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This number is far below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents which sustained falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.29 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- Fmc-Rai-East Olympic-Los Angeles0.32 miles away5714 East Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles California 90022Dialysis Stations: 24 (323) 887-0841
- Davita-Doctors Dialysis Center of East Los Angeles0.52 miles away950 S. Eastern Avenue Los Angeles California 90022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (323) 262-2229
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of East Los Angeles1.92 miles away5220 E. Telford Street Los Angeles California 90022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (323) 269-2091
- Davita-Monterey Park Dialysis Center2 miles away2560 Corporate Place, Building D, Suite 100-101 Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 780-8787
- Peritoneal Dialysis Center of America-San Gabriel Pc2.26 miles away809 S. Atlantic Blvd., Suite 103 Monterey Park California 91754Dialysis Stations: 2 (626) 576-8556
- Montebello Artificial Kidney Center2.41 miles away3404 W. Beverly Blvd. Montebello California 90640CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (323) 728-7580
- Davita-Boyle Heights2.61 miles away1936 East 1st Street Los Angeles California 90033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 268-2729
- Davita-East La Plaza Dialysis2.65 miles away1700 Cesar E. Chavez Ave., Suite L-100 Los Angeles California 90033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 261-0484