Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter is a large nursing home located in Buckingham, Pennsylvania. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. Based on our ratings, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Buckingham senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in this category with an A+. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next highest category grade in the category of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is a decent grade. In computing our long-term care scores, we assess the personal care offered to a facility's residents. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated only 89.29504 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its third best category grade in the category of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable score. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Turning to the final area, this nursing home received a C for nursing, which we consider to be a respectable rating. The nursing category weighs quite a few subcategories, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 3.3% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 86.27% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursingcenter, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 12.27 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.81 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.97 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus6.13 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.6.92 miles away105 Terry Drive Suite 118 Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 968-3064
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown7 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Newtown Dialysis Center7.09 miles away60 Blacksmith Road Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 18 (267) 757-8060
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.8 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Langhorne Dialysis Center10.03 miles away880 Town Center Drive Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (215) 757-4115
- Dialysis Center at Oxford Court10.13 miles away930 Town Center Drive, Suite G-100 Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047Dialysis Stations: 14 (215) 750-9831
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington11.64 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595