Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital is located in Sacramento, California. The city has many nursing home options. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive grades. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which may add peace of mind for prospective residents with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
8151 Bruceville Road,
Sacramento CA 95823
85.14% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Blood Administration
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in our short-term care rating. Our short-term care scores are presumably most meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing grade includes quite a few factors, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded ended up being this facility's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- in long-term care. Our long-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.89579 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered falls leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents which had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bruceville Terrace-D/P Snf of Methodist Hospital, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 12.98 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.37 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Calvine Home Training Center0.36 miles away8231 East Stockton Blvd. Suite A Sacramento California 95828Dialysis Stations: 6 (916) 689-4254
- Calvine Dialysis Center0.43 miles away8243 E Stockton Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95828CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 682-6655
- Rai Mack Road1.9 miles away4660 Mack Road, Ste 168 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (916) 394-9312
- Davita Deer Park Dialysis2.16 miles away4401 Mack Road Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 738-3575
- Southgate Dialysis2.61 miles away7231 E Southgate Drive Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 395-7585
- Florin Dialysis Center2.79 miles away7000 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 424-3990
- Elk Grove Dialysis3.16 miles away9281 Office Park Circle #105 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 691-0480
- Rai Elk Grove Blvd.3.58 miles away8139 Elk Grove Boulevard Suite 200 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 478-3520