Brownsburg Meadows is a large non-profit nursing home in Brownsburg, Indiana. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a solid rating. Based on our assessment, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Brownsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Brownsburg, Indiana Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Brownsburg, Indiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home an A- for our short-term care score. This is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. Our short-term care grades are crucial for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We also want to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of B+ in this area. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Brownsburg Meadows?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to residents as well as the level of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category, which is a poor score. This is clearly a major disappointment. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 99.45206 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brownsburg Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brownsburg Meadows, 4.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brownsburg Meadows, 4.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brownsburg Meadows, 0.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brownsburg Meadows, 9.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brownsburg Meadows, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brownsburg Meadows, 19.01% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brownsburg Meadows, 99.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brownsburg Meadows, 10.88% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brownsburg Meadows, 9.22% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Brownsburg Meadows, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brownsburg Meadows, 9.22% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brownsburg Meadows, 16.56% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brownsburg Meadows, 87.48% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic1.58 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Avon Dialysis6.22 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Eagle Highlands6.28 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Fmc - Hendricks County7.23 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center7.66 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West8.09 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Westview Dialysis9.24 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita - Plainfield10.22 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089