Brownsburg Meadows is a large non-profit nursing home in Brownsburg, Indiana. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a quality rating. Based on our assessment, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this place's report card is is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2 E Tilden,
Brownsburg IN 46112
66.93% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Brownsburg, Indiana Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Brownsburg, Indiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well overall, this facility received even higher grades in the category of short-term care. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an A. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most meaningful for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's government inspections. We awarded it an B+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Brownsburg Meadows?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing scores are mostly based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. This really is one of the couple of dings of a very solid profile. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.11243 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brownsburg Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brownsburg Meadows, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brownsburg Meadows, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brownsburg Meadows, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brownsburg Meadows, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brownsburg Meadows, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brownsburg Meadows, 12.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brownsburg Meadows, 91.48% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brownsburg Meadows, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brownsburg Meadows, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Brownsburg Meadows, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brownsburg Meadows, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brownsburg Meadows, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brownsburg Meadows, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic1.58 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Avon Dialysis6.22 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Eagle Highlands6.28 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Fmc - Hendricks County7.23 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center7.66 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West8.09 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Westview Dialysis9.24 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita - Plainfield10.22 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089