Brownsburg Meadows is a large non-profit nursing home in Brownsburg, Indiana. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a solid rating. Based on our assessment, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. The best part of this place's report card is is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home excelled at short-term care, with an A in this category. This really propped up its overall grade. Our short-term care grades are probably more critical for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Inspections is another category where this nursing home excelled. In fact, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections category. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Brownsburg Meadows?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned an A+ nursing score. The nursing rating weighs several subcategories, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D for long-term care, leaving this as its worst area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.79518 percent of its residents, which is higher than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brownsburg Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brownsburg Meadows, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brownsburg Meadows, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brownsburg Meadows, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brownsburg Meadows, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brownsburg Meadows, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brownsburg Meadows, 12.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brownsburg Meadows, 91.56% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brownsburg Meadows, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brownsburg Meadows, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who maintained mobility.
In Brownsburg Meadows, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brownsburg Meadows, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brownsburg Meadows, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brownsburg Meadows, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic1.58 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Avon Dialysis6.22 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Eagle Highlands6.28 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Fmc - Hendricks County7.23 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center7.66 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West8.09 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Westview Dialysis9.24 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita - Plainfield10.22 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089