Brookmont Healthcare Center is located in Effort, Pennsylvania. This proved to be a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. This facility also received very consistent scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Brookmont Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this place also received top notch inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in this area, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's above average category scores came in the category of long-term care. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 96.794876 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookmont Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this area. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The last category we rated was nursing. In this area, we awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookmont Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 3.23% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 88.5% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookmont Healthcare Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Luke's Hospital - Monroe CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.09 miles away100 St Luke's Lane Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18360Voluntary non-profit - Private(272) 212-1000
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Lehigh Valley Hospital - PoconoAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away206 East Brown Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 421-4000
- St Luke's Hospital-Gnaden Huetten CampusAcute Care Hospitals 16.85 miles away211 North 12th Street Lehighton Pennsylvania 18235Voluntary non-profit - Private(607) 377-1300
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.95 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.93 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt9.01 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Davita - Pocono Home Center9.73 miles away3361 Route 611, Suite 1 Bartonsville Pennsylvania 18321Dialysis Stations: 4 (570) 629-1292
- Palmerton Dialysis Center13.01 miles away185-C Delaware Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Dialysis Stations: 10 (610) 826-5929
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Stroudsburg13.72 miles away125 South Courtland Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 14 (570) 476-1606
- Davita - Eagle Valley13.86 miles away166 Eagles Glen Plaza East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 424-5307
- Davita - Pocono Dialysis Center16.03 miles away447 Office Plaza, Building 100, Suite B East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 16 (570) 476-5630
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Carbon County16.19 miles away168 S. Sargent Stanley Hoffman Boulevard Lehighton Pennsylvania 18235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 379-0330
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton16.71 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278