Brookestone Village is a large non-profit nursing home located in Omaha, Nebraska. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is ranked among the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the top 500 best facilities in the country. Scroll down to see this place's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Omaha senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Nebraska Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Nebraska Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Omaha, Nebraska Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Nebraska Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Omaha, Nebraska Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ long-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to be given multiple A+ category grades. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.74683 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookestone Village?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care. This facility fared very well in our short-term care category as well. We gave them an elite score of A+ in this area. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In the last area, we gave this facility an A+ for its nursing grade. This rounded out an elite report card. When computing our nursing scores, we look at both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookestone Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookestone Village, 5.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookestone Village, 4.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookestone Village, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookestone Village, 13.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookestone Village, 13.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookestone Village, 0.27% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookestone Village, 94.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookestone Village, 9.86% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookestone Village, 11.74% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Brookestone Village, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookestone Village, 11.74% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookestone Village, 1.67% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookestone Village, 78.23% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 8 other nursing homes
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 5.92 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Omaha Harrison Dialysis2.82 miles away6610 S 168th St Suite 8 Omaha Nebraska 68135Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 896-4609
- Fresenius Kidney Care Omaha West3.35 miles away15801 West Dodge Road Omaha Nebraska 68118Dialysis Stations: 13 (402) 697-7553
- Omaha West Dialysis3.48 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis5.1 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha5.29 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center5.84 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dci - Spring Street6.15 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Rai Care Center8.49 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284