Brooke Knoll Village is located in Avon, Indiana. This facility was given an overall rating of C. As As it turns out, this proved to be the highest graded nursing home in Avon. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this place's report card is its remarkable inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Brooke Knoll Village
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. Its inspection score was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable grade in our short-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in that area. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brooke Knoll Village?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this statistic. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. It received an F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. This is clearly a major disappointment. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.62963 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brooke Knoll Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brooke Knoll Village, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brooke Knoll Village, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brooke Knoll Village, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brooke Knoll Village, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brooke Knoll Village, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brooke Knoll Village, 12.38% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brooke Knoll Village, 91.56% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brooke Knoll Village, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brooke Knoll Village, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Brooke Knoll Village, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brooke Knoll Village, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brooke Knoll Village, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brooke Knoll Village, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Avon, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Avon, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.36 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 14.49 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Davita - Avon Dialysis1.5 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West4.29 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Eagle Highlands4.95 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic5.77 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Plainfield6.66 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Westview Dialysis7.06 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita Speedway Dialysis7.67 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Fmc - Hendricks County7.85 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347