Brooke Knoll Village is located in Avon, Indiana. This is not a bad facility with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Avon. In our view, this place is a good fit for most people. This nursing home did not excel in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades is available below.
Brooke Knoll Village
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1108 Kingwood Drive,
Avon IN 46123
76.49% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care grade ended up being one of its more favorable features. The nursing home received a grade of B- in this category. With our short-term care category, we seek to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Brooke Knoll Village?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse score is long-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a relatively poor score. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Switching gears to the fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in the area of nursing. This is the nursing home's worst category rating. We looked at the levels of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses worked with residents, in computing our rating in this category. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this place's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brooke Knoll Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brooke Knoll Village, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brooke Knoll Village, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who sustained falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brooke Knoll Village, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brooke Knoll Village, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brooke Knoll Village, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brooke Knoll Village, 12.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brooke Knoll Village, 91.48% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brooke Knoll Village, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brooke Knoll Village, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Brooke Knoll Village, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brooke Knoll Village, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brooke Knoll Village, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brooke Knoll Village, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Avon, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Avon, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.36 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 14.49 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Davita - Avon Dialysis1.5 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West4.29 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Eagle Highlands4.95 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic5.77 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Plainfield6.66 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Westview Dialysis7.06 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita Speedway Dialysis7.67 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Fmc - Hendricks County7.85 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347