With an address in Lisle, Illinois, Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf is one of just two nursing homes there. This nursing home is an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the top ratings that we offer. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes nationally. One of the major highlights of this facility's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled at short-term care. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
This facility also earned an A+ inspection score, making it one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. There are a host of criteria included in this area. Many of the subcategories reflect staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of B-. This is this facility's weakest category. In determining these long-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's personal care services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Plaza Lisle Snf, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Davita - Woodridge at Home3.48 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center3.56 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fkc - Woodridge3.65 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center4.49 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.73 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.73 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis5.12 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn5.25 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111