With an address in Lisle, Illinois, Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing is the only nursing home located there. This nursing home is an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires superb performance across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top five percent of all nursing homes nationally. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lisle senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received high marks in the category of short-term care. For this reason, it received one of our most impressive scores in that category with a score of A+. In calculating these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its fine assessment, this facility also was given an excellent long-term care grade, with a score of A. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final area, this nursing home also was awarded a first-rate nursing grade, with an A-. This finished off a first-rate profile. The nursing category consists of quite a few components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 7.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 1.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 24.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 19.16% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 19.16% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 16.96% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Lisle Skilled Nursing, 87.34% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Davita - Woodridge at Home3.48 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center3.56 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fkc - Woodridge3.65 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center4.49 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.73 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.73 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis5.12 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn5.25 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111