Brookdale Place Willowbrook is an average-sized facility located in Houston, Texas. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is among the most impressive ratings we offer. A grade of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. Even in a city of 56 nursing homes, this nursing home stood out as a first-rate option. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Brookdale Place Willowbrook
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
13500 Breton Ridge,
Houston TX 77070
67.24% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility received an A+ in the area of short-term care. In our short-term care assessment, we strive to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. This nursing home is above the national average both in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents. These are generally good indicators of quality short-term care. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Texas in this area with 67.3 percent of its residents returning home. For most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor dings are not something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Place Willowbrook?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home boasts a really impressive 4.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, of which a significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the more highly trained levels of nurses. On top of providing impressive levels of care, this facility also performed well in many of the quality-based metrics we looked at. For example, in terms of the number of its patients sustaining falls which lead to major injury, this place performed better than the national average. This is often a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home received a B. Believe it or not, this ended up being this facility's weakest category. A facility is doing something right when it's poorest score still beats out most other nursing homes. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the data points we considered after this facility's above average nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are a great way to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for seniors. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Place Willowbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 4.7% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 95.06% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Place Willowbrook, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 55 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.58 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 7.33 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Dialyspa Vintage Park1.13 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500
- Vintage Dialysis2.41 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Willowbrook Dialysis2.75 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Cyfair Dialysis Center3.38 miles away9110 Jones Rd Ste 110 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 517-0527
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.3.96 miles away10505 Jones Rd Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 894-9687
- Greylock Dialysis, LLC4.15 miles away11321 Fallbrook Dr Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 890-5468
- Cypress Woods Northwest Dialysis5.68 miles away20320 Northwest Freeway Suite 100 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 890-2540
- Romano Woods Dialysis Center6.08 miles away16910 Mathis Church Road Houston Texas 77090Dialysis Stations: 30 (281) 893-6300