Brookdale Willowbrook Place is located in the large metropolitan area of Houston, Texas. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the highest scores that we offer. Even in a city featuring 60 nursing homes, this facility stood out as a very fine selection. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also strong.
Brookdale Willowbrook Place
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Willowbrook Place?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection rating. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we rated is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B+. This rounded out a very strong report card. Only a select few nursing homes earned a B+ or better in in each area we assessed. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Willowbrook Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.58 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 7.33 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Dialyspa Vintage Park1.13 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500
- Vintage Dialysis2.41 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Willowbrook Dialysis2.75 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Cyfair Dialysis Center3.38 miles away9110 Jones Rd Ste 110 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 517-0527
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.3.96 miles away10505 Jones Rd Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 894-9687
- Greylock Dialysis, LLC4.15 miles away11321 Fallbrook Dr Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 890-5468
- Cypress Woods Northwest Dialysis5.68 miles away20320 Northwest Freeway Suite 100 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 890-2540
- Romano Woods Dialysis Center6.08 miles away16910 Mathis Church Road Houston Texas 77090Dialysis Stations: 30 (281) 893-6300