Brookdale Willowbrook Place is located in the large metropolitan area of Houston, Texas. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our higher scores. Even in a city of 25 other nursing homes, this one stood out as a fine selection. If you look further down this page, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Willowbrook Place
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. The nursing score includes several subcategories, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Texas in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Willowbrook Place?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we gave them one of our stronger scores in our long-term care category as well, with a B+. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category we assessed, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a B+. Inspection scores weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Willowbrook Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 93.69% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Willowbrook Place, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.58 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 7.33 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Dialyspa Vintage Park1.13 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500
- Vintage Dialysis2.41 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Willowbrook Dialysis2.75 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Cyfair Dialysis Center3.38 miles away9110 Jones Rd Ste 110 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 517-0527
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.3.96 miles away10505 Jones Rd Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 894-9687
- Greylock Dialysis, LLC4.15 miles away11321 Fallbrook Dr Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 890-5468
- Cypress Woods Northwest Dialysis5.68 miles away20320 Northwest Freeway Suite 100 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 890-2540
- Romano Woods Dialysis Center6.08 miles away16910 Mathis Church Road Houston Texas 77090Dialysis Stations: 30 (281) 893-6300