Located in Chandler, Arizona, North Chandler Place is one of four available nursing homes in the area. Sporting an overall grade of A, this is clearly a top-shelf nursing home. In our view, this nursing home should be a great choice for most people. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
North Chandler Place
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chandler senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Chandler, Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Chandler, Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Chandler, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall rating, this nursing home performed well in our inspections category, which is based on its recent inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for that area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its impressive performance in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A- for its short-term care grade. In determining these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about North Chandler Place?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a very strong long-term care score. This actually ended up being its third most impressive category score. In that area, this facility received a grade of A-. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 56.97674 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on to the next area, this nursing home also performed well in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category. This wrapped up truly elite profile. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are with residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Chandler Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Chandler Place, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Chandler Place, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Chandler Place, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Chandler Place, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Chandler Place, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Chandler Place, 3.74% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Chandler Place, 74.57% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Chandler Place, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Chandler Place, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Chandler Place, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Chandler Place, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Chandler Place, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chandler, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Chandler, Arizona has 3 other nursing homes
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 11.58 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Tempe (Dva)2.45 miles away2149 E Warner Rd Ste 109 & Ste 110 Tempe Arizona 85284CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 730-3531
- Chandler Dialysis (Fmc)3.29 miles away912 W Chandler Blvd Bldg a-D Chandler Arizona 85225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 821-9801
- Southwest Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)3.67 miles away1457 W Southern Ave Ste 19 Mesa Arizona 85202Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 894-5411
- Tempe Dialysis (Fmc)5.22 miles away1449 W Southern Ave Tempe Arizona 85282CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (480) 967-6360
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.03 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Red Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)6.67 miles away1211 N Country Club Dr Ste 4 Mesa Arizona 85201Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 833-7440
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)6.86 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)6.86 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906