Brookdale Greenwood Village is the sole facility we found in Englewood, Colorado. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 25 nursing homes in Colorado. Based on our assessment, this facility is really as good as it gets. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Greenwood Village
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Englewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we have information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Greenwood Village?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care score. This finished off a very favorable profile. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.7013 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Greenwood Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 8.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 2.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 0.67% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 9.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 7.75% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 0.75% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 99.35% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 11.63% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some experts argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 22.3% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 22.3% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 11.98% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Greenwood Village, 57.72% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)1.69 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)3.85 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)6.21 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)6.8 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)6.93 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)7.11 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)7.16 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)7.74 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541