Bayshire Carlsbad Senior Living is a small nursing home located in Carlsbad, California. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our best ratings. You simply can't do any better than this nursing home. As you will find below, this facility also performed just fine in our category ratings. It's hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bayshire Carlsbad Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Carlsbad senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Carlsbad, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Carlsbad, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical area. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many high-end grades, this facility was awarded an excellent short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 7.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayshire Carlsbad Senior Living?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade weighs a number of subcategories. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a B. This actually ended up being this facility's least impressive category. A nursing home could be doing a lot worse when their worst score still is superior to most facilities. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayshire Carlsbad Senior Living Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayshire Carlsbad Senior Living, 8.16% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayshire Carlsbad Senior Living, 84.38% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 5.07 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.81 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.93 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Fmc-North Coast Kidney Center0.67 miles away3300 Vista Way, Suite A Oceanside California 92056CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (760) 721-4344
- u.s. Renal Care Oceanside Dialysis0.85 miles away2227- B El Camino Real Oceanside California 92054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 757-1838
- Davita Oceanside Dialysis3.17 miles away4182 Oceanside Blvd Oceanside California 92056Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 941-8393
- Fmc-Buena Creek4.29 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis9.8 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center12.37 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Davita-Escondido Dialysis14.73 miles away203 E. Second Avenue Escondido California 92025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (760) 743-4401
- Fmc-Rancho17.69 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700