Camarillo Senior Living is a facility in Camarillo, California. This city has 77,518 people. Sporting an overall grade of A, this nursing home is ranked among the most impressive facilities we assessed. We flat out can not say enough good things about this facility. This facility also received consistently good scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Camarillo Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6000 Santa Rosa Road,
Camarillo CA 93012
76.44% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Best Nursing Home in Camarillo, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Camarillo, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Camarillo Senior Living?
This nursing home has had near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Inspection scores are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. We gave this facility one of our better scores in this category, with a grade of B. Even though this wasn't as favorable as several of this facility's other grades, it is still a positive grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camarillo Senior Living Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Camarillo Senior Living, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camarillo Senior Living, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- St Johns Pleasant Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away2309 Antonio Ave Camarillo California 93010Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 389-5800
- St Johns Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away1600 N Rose Ave Oxnard California 93030Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 988-2500
- Adventist Health Simi ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 14.36 miles away2975 N Sycamore Dr Simi Valley California 93065Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 955-6000
- Ventura County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away300 Hillmont Avenue Ventura California 93003Government - Local(805) 652-6075
- Community Memorial Hospital San BuenaventuraAcute Care Hospitals 15.88 miles away147 N Brent St Ventura California 93003Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 652-5011
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Camarillo2.34 miles away2438 N. Ponderosa Drive, Suite C-101 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 18 (805) 764-0171
- Fmc-Camarillo Dialysis Center4.81 miles away3801 Las Posas Road, Suite 103 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 388-2449
- Fmc-Conejo Valley Renal Center6.02 miles away227 W. Janss Road, Suite 115 Thousand Oaks California 91360Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 496-6071
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Thousand Oaks7.56 miles away375 Rolling Oaks Drive, Suite 100 Westlake Village California 91361CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 557-1036
- Davita-Moorpark Dialysis Center7.74 miles away883 Patriot Drive, Suite C Moorpark California 93021Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 517-1442
- Davita-Oxnard Dialysis Center9.24 miles away1900 Outlet Center Dr. Oxnard California 93036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 278-3961
- Fmc-Oxnard9.58 miles away1801 Holser Walk, Suite 310 Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (805) 988-3339
- Fmc-Santa Paula9.59 miles away242 E. Harvard Blvd. Santa Paula California 93060Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 525-1500