Camarillo Senior Living is a facility in Camarillo, California. This city has 77,518 people. With an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality nursing home. We really can not say enough great things about this facility. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Camarillo Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Camarillo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Camarillo, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Camarillo, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Camarillo Senior Living?
Tallying yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A-. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care grade. Even though this was not quite as good as a few of its other scores, this is truly not a major area of concern. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. It does not look like this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Lastly, this place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camarillo Senior Living Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Camarillo Senior Living, 8.68% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camarillo Senior Living, 65.91% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- St Johns Pleasant Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away2309 Antonio Ave Camarillo California 93010Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 389-5800
- St Johns Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away1600 N Rose Ave Oxnard California 93030Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 988-2500
- Adventist Health Simi ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 14.36 miles away2975 N Sycamore Dr Simi Valley California 93065Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 955-6000
- Ventura County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away300 Hillmont Avenue Ventura California 93003Government - Local(805) 652-6075
- Community Memorial Hospital San BuenaventuraAcute Care Hospitals 15.88 miles away147 N Brent St Ventura California 93003Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 652-5011
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Camarillo2.34 miles away2438 N. Ponderosa Drive, Suite C-101 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 18 (805) 764-0171
- Fmc-Camarillo Dialysis Center4.81 miles away3801 Las Posas Road, Suite 103 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 388-2449
- Fmc-Conejo Valley Renal Center6.02 miles away227 W. Janss Road, Suite 115 Thousand Oaks California 91360Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 496-6071
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Thousand Oaks7.56 miles away375 Rolling Oaks Drive, Suite 100 Westlake Village California 91361CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 557-1036
- Davita-Moorpark Dialysis Center7.74 miles away883 Patriot Drive, Suite C Moorpark California 93021Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 517-1442
- Davita-Oxnard Dialysis Center9.24 miles away1900 Outlet Center Dr. Oxnard California 93036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 278-3961
- Fmc-Oxnard9.58 miles away1801 Holser Walk, Suite 310 Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (805) 988-3339
- Fmc-Santa Paula9.59 miles away242 E. Harvard Blvd. Santa Paula California 93060Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 525-1500