Broadway Living Center is the only option we were able to find in Lexington, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality facility. We really can't say enough good things about this nursing home. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its long-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Broadway Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lexington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in long-term care, where it received a grade of A. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 93.4375 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Living Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are quite a few criteria included in this grade. Many of these datapoints reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is short-term care. This facility was awarded a better than average short-term care grade in our assessment, with a grade of B-. Although this is not quite as dominant as many of its other scores, this is nevertheless an acceptable score in that category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. It does not look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Living Center, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Living Center, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Living Center, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Living Center, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Living Center, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Living Center, 4.69% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Living Center, 92.54% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Living Center, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Living Center, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Broadway Living Center, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Living Center, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Mercy Hospital Logan County, IncCritical Access Hospitals 13.44 miles away200 S Academy Rd Guthrie Oklahoma 73044Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 282-6700
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC13.42 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita - Edmond15.39 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East17.03 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis17.68 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis18.63 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City19.8 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237