Broadway Living Center is a facility located in Lexington, Oklahoma, which has a population of 10,264 people. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Broadway Living Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Lexington OK 73051
81.18% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this place a grade of A for the area of inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an B+. We scrutinized the levels of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses were with residents, in computing our rating in this area. This facility provided 3.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Living Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 73.154366 percent of its patients. This is slightly below what we expected. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 1.62 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was short-term care. This nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care grade this year, with a grade of B-. Even though this is not nearly as impressive as a few of its other scores, this is still an acceptable score in that area. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Living Center, 8.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Living Center, 4.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Living Center, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Living Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Living Center, 24.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Living Center, 3.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Living Center, 91.04% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Living Center, 14.73% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Living Center, 17.09% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Broadway Living Center, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Living Center, 17.09 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
- Mercy Hospital Logan County, IncCritical Access Hospitals 13.44 miles away200 S Academy Rd Guthrie Oklahoma 73044Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 282-6700
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC13.42 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita - Edmond15.39 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East17.03 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis17.68 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis18.63 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City19.8 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237