Broadway Living Center is one of just two available nursing homes in Lexington, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality facility. We really can't say enough good things about this nursing home. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its long-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Broadway Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in long-term care, where it received a grade of A. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 77.377045 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we were hoping for. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Living Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We assessed the qualifications of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. This facility was awarded a favorable short-term care grade this year, with a B-. While this isn't nearly as impressive as some of its other grades, this remains an acceptable grade in that area. Short-term care scores are important for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Living Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Living Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Living Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Living Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Living Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Living Center, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Living Center, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Living Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Living Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Broadway Living Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Living Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Mercy Hospital Logan County, IncCritical Access Hospitals 13.44 miles away200 S Academy Rd Guthrie Oklahoma 73044Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 282-6700
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC13.42 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita - Edmond15.39 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East17.03 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis17.68 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis18.63 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City19.8 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237