Brighton Place Spring Valley is a small facility located in Spring Valley, California. This is a quality facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Spring Valley. You could certainly do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brighton Place Spring Valley
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Spring Valley senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially want to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing. We gave it an B+ for that category. Our nursing score focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Brighton Place Spring Valley?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our higher grades in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grades are likely most important for folks in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a B- in that category. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brighton Place Spring Valley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 1.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 1.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that had falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 0.69% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 3.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 16.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 7.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 100% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 8.21% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 10.55% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 10.55% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 16.76% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brighton Place Spring Valley, 67.25% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.28 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away751 Medical Center Court Chula Vista California 91911Proprietary(619) 502-5800
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Fmc-La Mesa Dialysis Center2.47 miles away5995 Severin Drive La Mesa California 91942CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 462-9992
- Davita-College Dialysis3.08 miles away6535 University Avenue San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 287-8796
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of College3.62 miles away5961 University Avenue Suite 317 San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (619) 286-0821
- Fmc-Rai-Fletcher Parkway-El Cajon4.2 miles away858 Fletcher Parkway El Cajon California 92020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 442-4122
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Paradise4.91 miles away6919 Paradise Valley Road San Diego California 92139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 475-2872
- Fmc-Balboa East County5.18 miles away570 N. Second Street El Cajon California 92021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 588-7500
- Davita-San Diego East5.64 miles away292 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100 San Diego California 92114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (619) 262-7225
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego6.15 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070