Brighton Gardens of Omaha is in Omaha, Nebraska, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. It looks like this nursing home is one of the best facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires excellent marks across the board. Not surprisingly, this turned out to be one of the five highest graded facilities in Omaha. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Brighton Gardens of Omaha
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
9220 Western Avenue,
Omaha NE 68114
65.77% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Nebraska Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this facility so favorably is that it was given an A+ short-term care score. This is flat out as strong as it gets in this category. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brighton Gardens of Omaha?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a favorable grade of B. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brighton Gardens of Omaha Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 5.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 4.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term residents which experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 3.66% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 18.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 19.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 4.32% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 93.19% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 14.85% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 18.85% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 18.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 9.35 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 77.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 21 other nursing homes
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 1.11 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.91 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center1.02 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha2.39 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis2.75 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Omaha West Dialysis3.05 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950
- Dci - Spring Street3.27 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Sorensen Park Dialysis3.53 miles away6212 N 73rd Plaza #100 Omaha Nebraska 68134Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 571-4147
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave3.92 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Omaha Central Dialysis4.4 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818