Brighton Gardens of Omaha is in Omaha, Nebraska, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. It looks like this nursing home is one of the best facilities we assessed. Receiving an A+ in our grading scheme requires excellent performance across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top one percentile of all facilities in the nation. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brighton Gardens of Omaha
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Mar 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Omaha senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Nebraska Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility earned near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an A+ in this area. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+. We weighed the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Brighton Gardens of Omaha?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was superb in our short-term care category also. We gave them a dominant grade of A+ in this area. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more critical for patients in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care. We awarded them another superb grade of A+ in this area. This topped off a amazing profile of four A+'s. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brighton Gardens of Omaha Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 3.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which had falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 1.41% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 13.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 31.03% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 13.16% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 12.5% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 11.15% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 11.15% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 11.77% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brighton Gardens of Omaha, 67.92% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 8 other nursing homes
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 1.11 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.91 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center1.02 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha2.39 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis2.75 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Omaha West Dialysis3.05 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950
- Dci - Spring Street3.27 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Sorensen Park Dialysis3.53 miles away6212 N 73rd Plaza #100 Omaha Nebraska 68134Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 571-4147
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave3.92 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Omaha Central Dialysis4.4 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818