Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites is in the large metropolitan area of Houston, Texas. This facility received a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a subpar score. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 60 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall grade, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable category was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of care provided by a nursing home, as opposed to more sophisticated services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 94.871796 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This place offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is short-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. Our short-term care grade is often employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to offer high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. With its abysmal rating in this area, we weren't shocked to discover that this facility offers substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.5 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Fresenius Medical Care North East Houston, LLC0.22 miles away4810 E Sam Houston Pkwy N Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 862-9106
- Woodforest Dialysis2.97 miles away12626 Woodforest Blvd Suite C Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 15 (713) 455-3370
- Channelview Dialysis3.72 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Cloverleaf Dialysis3.73 miles away13525 East Freeway Suite A Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 450-0874
- San Jacinto Dialysis5.04 miles away11430 E Freeway Suite 330 Houston Texas 77029Dialysis Stations: 17 (713) 450-4991
- Jacinto Dialysis Center5.41 miles away11515 Market Street Houston Texas 77029CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 453-0505
- North Loop East Dialysis7.86 miles away7139 North Loop East Houston Texas 77028CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 675-8499
- Davita Physicians Dialysis North Houston7.91 miles away7115 North Loop East North Port #2 Houston Texas 77028Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 675-4794