Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites is in the large metropolitan area of Houston, Texas. We gave this facility a C overall, which isn't a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Houston, which is a B-. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a positive grade in our long-term care category. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B+ in that area. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.63636 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home ended up receiving a an abysmal score in our short-term care category. It was given an F in this category. Our short-term care ratings are important for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Based on its poor grade in this category, we weren't surprised to find this nursing home provided significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next category we scored was nursing, which proved to be this facility's least impressive area. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this area, which is certainly a major disappointment. Our nursing rating is based on many subcategories, but the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 4.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 10.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 20.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 2.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 97.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 11.9% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 18.28% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 18.28% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 6.25% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, 67.74% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Fresenius Medical Care North East Houston, LLC0.22 miles away4810 E Sam Houston Pkwy N Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 862-9106
- Woodforest Dialysis2.97 miles away12626 Woodforest Blvd Suite C Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 15 (713) 455-3370
- Channelview Dialysis3.72 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Cloverleaf Dialysis3.73 miles away13525 East Freeway Suite A Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 450-0874
- San Jacinto Dialysis5.04 miles away11430 E Freeway Suite 330 Houston Texas 77029Dialysis Stations: 17 (713) 450-4991
- Jacinto Dialysis Center5.41 miles away11515 Market Street Houston Texas 77029CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 453-0505
- North Loop East Dialysis7.86 miles away7139 North Loop East Houston Texas 77028CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 675-8499
- Davita Physicians Dialysis North Houston7.91 miles away7115 North Loop East North Port #2 Houston Texas 77028Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 675-4794