Arden Place of Houston is located in Houston, Texas, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the road facility. Even in a city offering 25 nursing homes, this nursing home turns out to be a fine choice. The best part of this facility's profile was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arden Place of Houston
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable long-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we awarded them a grade of B in that area, which is one of our more favorable scores. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 97.3306 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arden Place of Houston?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. When calculating our nursing scores, we weigh both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This place averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area was short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. In this category, we awarded this facility a D. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arden Place of Houston Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arden Place of Houston, 4.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arden Place of Houston, 2.05% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arden Place of Houston, 0.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arden Place of Houston, 12.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arden Place of Houston, 15.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arden Place of Houston, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arden Place of Houston, 90.03% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arden Place of Houston, 21.01% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arden Place of Houston, 13.56% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Arden Place of Houston, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arden Place of Houston, 13.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arden Place of Houston, 14.57% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arden Place of Houston, 23.01% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 7.19 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Southeast Kidney Center1.51 miles away8537 Gulf Freeway Bldg A Houston Texas 77017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 947-9564
- Gulfgate Kidney Center2.1 miles away2916 Woodridge Drive Houston Texas 77087Dialysis Stations: 28 (346) 772-0517
- Lone Star Dialysis2.28 miles away8560 Monroe Houston Texas 77061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (713) 378-6094
- Davita Physicians Dialysis South Houston2.95 miles away5989 South Loop East Houston Texas 77033Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 641-6130
- Fmc Sunnyside4.19 miles away8340 Coffee Houston Texas 77033Dialysis Stations: 25 (713) 731-7027
- Central Houston Dialysis4.57 miles away610 South Wayside Suite B Houston Texas 77011Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 928-8188
- Baylor College of Medicine-Scott Street Dialysis4.95 miles away6120 Scott Street, Suite F Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 741-7059
- Clutch City Dialysis Center4.97 miles away5910 Scott Street Suite A Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 748-0554