Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care is a nursing home located in Briarcliff Manor, New York, which has a total of 9,988 people. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our assessment, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this place's report card was its exemplary inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Briarcliff Manor senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next best category was long-term care. We awarded it a B- in this category. This is essentially a middle of the road grade in this category. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated just 50.82873 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care?
Short-term Care Quality
Another concern is the F this nursing home received in the category of short-term care. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. With a score of this caliber for this category, we weren't surprised to learn this place was below average in many staffing figures we focus on. In fact, it offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.8 percent of its residents returning home.
The final area we analyzed was nursing, which ended up being this nursing home's worst area. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is clearly a major concern. There are several criteria within this grade. Many of the data points reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. This facility also had abysmal marks in some of the quality-based metrics to go along with its weak nursing hours. We looked at the percent of residents suffering pressure ulcers and we were quite disappointed. This nursing home was at roughly 1.5 times the national average in this metric. This is likely a bad sign when you consider that so many pressure ulcers are preventable with better nursing care. This statistic helped pull down this nursing home's nursing grade quite a bit.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 11.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 0.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 0.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients that have had a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 12.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 14.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 9.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 53.24% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 13.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 12.04% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 12.04% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 7.87% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 64.98% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 13.7 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst3.64 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center4.48 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center5.34 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC5.54 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Davita White Plains Dialysis Center7.22 miles away200 Hamilton Avenue Suite 13b White Plains New York 10601CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (914) 328-4900
- Davita Port Chester Dialysis and Renal Center8.73 miles away3020 Westchester Ave Purchase New York 10577CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 701-5232
- Rockland County Dialysis9.78 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis10.13 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000