Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care is a nursing home located in Briarcliff Manor, New York, which has a total of 9,988 people. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our assessment, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this place's report card was its exemplary inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
620 Sleepy Hollow Road,
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
86.33% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A+. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category scores was in the area of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 60.62176 percent of its patients, which is a few points lower than we were hoping for. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing score. In fact, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of D. Our nursing grade is based on a handful of datapoints, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this place's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this nursing home really didn't perform very well. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this was this facility's poorest category. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 13.2% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 91.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Briarcliff Manor Center for Rehab and Nursing Care, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 13.7 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst3.64 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center4.48 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center5.34 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC5.54 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Davita White Plains Dialysis Center7.22 miles away200 Hamilton Avenue Suite 13b White Plains New York 10601CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (914) 328-4900
- Davita Port Chester Dialysis and Renal Center8.73 miles away3020 Westchester Ave Purchase New York 10577CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 701-5232
- Rockland County Dialysis9.78 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis10.13 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000