Bria of Trinity Village is in the large metropolitan area of Milwaukee, Wisconsin which has a total of 808,042 people. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. Based on our ratings, this facility likely isn't a good fit for anyone. Finally, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so hopefully its performance improves in the coming year.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bria of Trinity Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Bria of Trinity Village has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Milwaukee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we graded this facility incredibly unfavorably overall, it surprisingly earned a decent short-term care score this year. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home an C. Our nursing score focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Bria of Trinity Village?
We wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection rating where it received an F. This often means we found some red flags on the government inspections. With nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home had 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to patient health or safety. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines amounting to more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a facility's poor track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in this area. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes provide. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated only 73.33333 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bria of Trinity Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bria of Trinity Village, 35.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bria of Trinity Village, 9.63% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bria of Trinity Village, 0.76% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bria of Trinity Village, 0.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bria of Trinity Village, 6.15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bria of Trinity Village, 2.65% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bria of Trinity Village, 79.05% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bria of Trinity Village, 24.37% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bria of Trinity Village, 38.05% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bria of Trinity Village, 38.05% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 23 other nursing homes
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 8.83 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 9.22 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Chicot Dialysis LLC1.01 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope1.35 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Davita - West Appleton3.75 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Ara - Milwaukee4.25 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC4.6 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Davita - Bay Shore4.9 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Total Renal Care Inc5.09 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Appleton Ave5.14 miles away7793 W Appleton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53222CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 464-0820