Bria of Trinity Village is in the large metropolitan area of Milwaukee, Wisconsin which has a total of 808,042 people. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. Based on our ratings, this facility likely isn't a good fit for anyone. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Bria of Trinity Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom scores in our assessment. Perhaps most alarmingly, it received an F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grade where it received an F. This generally means we found some major red flags on its inspection reports. For nursing homes with poor inspection grades, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, we would like to point out that this nursing home received large government fines recently amounting to over $100,000. This generally indicates that a bad performance spanned multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Bria of Trinity Village?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses commit to patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this facility didn't fare very well here either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the place is not as well-staffed. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit alarmed this facility provided the vaccine to just 81.77778 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bria of Trinity Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bria of Trinity Village, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bria of Trinity Village, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bria of Trinity Village, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents which sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bria of Trinity Village, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bria of Trinity Village, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bria of Trinity Village, 6.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bria of Trinity Village, 92.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bria of Trinity Village, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bria of Trinity Village, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Bria of Trinity Village, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bria of Trinity Village, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bria of Trinity Village, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bria of Trinity Village, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 24 other nursing homes
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 8.83 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 9.22 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Chicot Dialysis LLC1.01 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope1.35 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Davita - West Appleton3.75 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Ara - Milwaukee4.25 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC4.6 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Davita - Bay Shore4.9 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Total Renal Care Inc5.09 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Appleton Ave5.14 miles away7793 W Appleton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53222CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 464-0820