Bria of Geneva is a facility in Geneva, Illinois, which has a population of 28,565 people. With an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home was consistent in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bria of Geneva
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Geneva senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category score came in nursing. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. It actually outpaced most facilities in this area. When computing a facility's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses are caring for residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This facility also excelled in inspections, where it received a grade of B+. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Bria of Geneva?
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category grades came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 4.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in that category. Our long-term care grades are vital for individuals seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We discovered that this facility gave the vaccine to a relatively low 65.0685 percent of its patients, which is somewhat concerning. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bria of Geneva Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bria of Geneva, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bria of Geneva, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bria of Geneva, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bria of Geneva, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bria of Geneva, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bria of Geneva, 31.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bria of Geneva, 87.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bria of Geneva, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bria of Geneva, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bria of Geneva, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bria of Geneva, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bria of Geneva, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bria of Geneva, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 10.76 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Tri Cities Dialysis LLC2.84 miles away306 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 262-1306
- Fmc - West Batavia3.81 miles away2580 West Fabyan Parkway Batavia Illinois 60510Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 406-1690
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center4.32 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fmc - Dupage West4.74 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center7.47 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fkc - Elgin7.65 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Fkc - East Aurora7.8 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Davita - Geneva Crossings9.12 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086