Bria of Belleville is a large nursing home in Belleville, Illinois. Our grading scheme was not very kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you are not happy with this facility's subpar overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are seven other nursing homes in Belleville. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss long-term care in the next section.
Bria of Belleville
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom scores in our assessment. Perhaps most alarmingly, it received an F for its long-term care grade. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 98.26087 percent of its patients, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Among this nursing home's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection grade. Generally, this means we found some major red flags on the facility's government inspection reports. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection score. We would pay close attention to the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, we need to point out that this facility received large government fines amounting to over $100,000. This typically suggests that a bad track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Does this page answer your questions about Bria of Belleville?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. The nursing score considers numerous factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averaged just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home really did not fare well here either. Due to a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. Our short-term care grades are arguably most important for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this facility provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bria of Belleville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bria of Belleville, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bria of Belleville, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bria of Belleville, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that had a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bria of Belleville, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bria of Belleville, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bria of Belleville, 29.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bria of Belleville, 87.49% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bria of Belleville, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bria of Belleville, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bria of Belleville, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bria of Belleville, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bria of Belleville, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bria of Belleville, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Belleville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Belleville, Illinois has 7 other nursing homes
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.08 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis1.73 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Fkc - Belleville2.58 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis5.17 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis5.46 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.73 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Fmc - Regency Park7.05 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Davita - Sauget Dialysis Center10.62 miles away2061 Goose Lake Road East Saint Louis Illinois 62206CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 332-7801
- Davita - Collinsville11.32 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016