Bria of Belleville is a large nursing home in Belleville, Illinois. Our grading scheme was not very kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you are not happy with this facility's subpar overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are seven other nursing homes in Belleville. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss long-term care in the next section.
Bria of Belleville
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
150 North 27th Street,
Belleville IL 62226
74.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We really were not high on this facility's overall grades or its category scores. We gave it a D for long-term care and that actually proved to be its best grade. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.425285 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
We also wanted to point out this facility's inspection rating where it received a lowly F. This usually means we found some major red flags on its inspection reports. When a nursing home has this bad of an inspection rating, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This particular nursing home had 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines of more than $100,000. This usually indicates that a poor track record has been an issue for several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Bria of Belleville?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. There are a number of criteria within this category. Most of the factors reflect levels of nurse staffing. This facility averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was short-term care. It received an abysmal F for this area, which is a bottom of the barrel score. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this facility offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bria of Belleville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bria of Belleville, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bria of Belleville, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bria of Belleville, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that had a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bria of Belleville, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bria of Belleville, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bria of Belleville, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bria of Belleville, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bria of Belleville, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bria of Belleville, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bria of Belleville, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bria of Belleville, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bria of Belleville, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bria of Belleville, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Belleville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Belleville, Illinois has 7 other nursing homes
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.08 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis1.73 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Fkc - Belleville2.58 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis5.17 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis5.46 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.73 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Fmc - Regency Park7.05 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Davita - Sauget Dialysis Center10.62 miles away2061 Goose Lake Road East Saint Louis Illinois 62206CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 332-7801
- Davita - Collinsville11.32 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016