Brentwood Health Care Center is a nursing home located in Northfield, Ohio. The city has 20,441 people. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. This facility has some things working in its favor. The best part of this facility's report card was is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Brentwood Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an A-. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care score ended up being one of its higher scores. The facility was awarded a grade of B- in this category. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the highly skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a solid grade of C. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for individuals requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Switching gears to the fourth area, we gave this facility a grade of D for the area of nursing. This is the nursing home's worst category grade. Our nursing score assesses several subcategories, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This statistic is far below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 20% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Health Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 13.5 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.5 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.5.2 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis6.49 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6.75 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801
- Davita Rockside Dialysis7.05 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Cleveland Home Dialysis7.48 miles away9729 Granger Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Dialysis Stations: 4 (216) 438-7325
- Fmc - Solon7.91 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall8.51 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.8.67 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050