Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center is in Wilmington, Delaware, a city with a total of 215,619 people. This proved to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. We rated this nursing home in the 50 best facilities in Delaware. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
505 Greenbank Road,
Wilmington DE 19808
87.45% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home an A for our nursing score. Nursing scores are largely based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned an B+. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that area with a grade of B+. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 91.903725 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a bit below what we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a favorable grade of B. In crafting these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 5.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 1.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 11.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 19.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 3.54% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 94.07% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 14.59% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 20.95% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 1.41 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 20.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 10.28 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 75.7% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 15 other nursing homes
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 3.46 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.11 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Jennersville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away1015 West Baltimore Pike West Grove Pennsylvania 19390Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 869-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.35 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Wilmington Veterans Administration Medical Center1.38 miles away1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 5 (302) 994-2511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Newport Pike1.98 miles away605 W. Newport Pike Wilmington Delaware 19804Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 633-6228
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington2.25 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine Home Therapies3.42 miles away4923 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Suite 210 Newark Delaware 19713Dialysis Stations: 3 (302) 998-7568
- American Universal - Hockessin3.93 miles away5936 Limestone Road, Suite 101 Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 11 (302) 239-4106
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington4.21 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine4.3 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Christiana Care Health System4.43 miles awayHemodialysis Unit, Christiana Hospital 4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, p.o. Box 6001 Newark Delaware 19718Dialysis Stations: 21 (302) 733-1020