Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center is in Wilmington, Delaware, a city with a total of 215,619 people. This proved to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. The facilities in Wilmington received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places in Delaware to find a nursing home. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility performed well in our nursing category. We awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing grade is based on several datapoints, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an B+. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 94.749405 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last category is short-term care, in which we awarded this facility a grade of C in that area. With our short-term care rating, we attempt to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 3.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 5.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 19.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 3.38% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 94.32% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 21.99% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 1.37 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 21.99 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 10.41 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coral Springs Rehab & Health Center, 76.04% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 15 other nursing homes
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 3.46 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.11 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Jennersville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away1015 West Baltimore Pike West Grove Pennsylvania 19390Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 869-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.35 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Wilmington Veterans Administration Medical Center1.38 miles away1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 5 (302) 994-2511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Newport Pike1.98 miles away605 W. Newport Pike Wilmington Delaware 19804Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 633-6228
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington2.25 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine Home Therapies3.42 miles away4923 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Suite 210 Newark Delaware 19713Dialysis Stations: 3 (302) 998-7568
- American Universal - Hockessin3.93 miles away5936 Limestone Road, Suite 101 Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 11 (302) 239-4106
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington4.21 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine4.3 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Christiana Care Health System4.43 miles awayHemodialysis Unit, Christiana Hospital 4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, p.o. Box 6001 Newark Delaware 19718Dialysis Stations: 21 (302) 733-1020