Bothell Health Care is the lone facility we were able to find in Bothell, Washington. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Bothell Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to point out that this nursing home earned a much better grade for short-term care than its overall score. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. In computing our short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Bothell Health Care?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing rating is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, while this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this metric.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home really did not perform very well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is this facility's weakest category. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.46524 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bothell Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bothell Health Care, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bothell Health Care, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bothell Health Care, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bothell Health Care, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bothell Health Care, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bothell Health Care, 13.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bothell Health Care, 93.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bothell Health Care, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bothell Health Care, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Bothell Health Care, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bothell Health Care, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bothell Health Care, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bothell Health Care, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 9.13 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Evergreenhealth MonroeAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away14701 179th Se Monroe Washington 98272Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 794-7497
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center1.35 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Puget Sound Kc South2.46 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center2.7 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis5.93 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center6.37 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center7.25 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Everett Dialysis Center9.19 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis9.22 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985