Bothell Health Care is an average-sized facility located in Bothell, Washington. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bothell Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bothell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to point out that this nursing home earned a much better grade for short-term care than its overall score. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. In computing our short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Bothell Health Care?
An additional reason we rated this facility so highly is that it earned an A+ nursing score. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. Our nursing score focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care, which was this nursing home's weakest category. We gave it an F for this area, which is obviously very disappointing. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bothell Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bothell Health Care, 10.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bothell Health Care, 3.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bothell Health Care, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bothell Health Care, 12.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bothell Health Care, 13.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bothell Health Care, 55.49% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bothell Health Care, 98.15% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bothell Health Care, 9.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bothell Health Care, 21.41% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Bothell Health Care, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bothell Health Care, 21.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bothell Health Care, 8.22% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bothell Health Care, 72.98% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 9.13 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Evergreenhealth MonroeAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away14701 179th Se Monroe Washington 98272Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 794-7497
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center1.35 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Puget Sound Kc South2.46 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center2.7 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis5.93 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center6.37 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center7.25 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Everett Dialysis Center9.19 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis9.22 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985