Boonton Care Center is in Boonton, New Jersey. This is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this place. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Boonton Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home fared even better in the area of inspections which is based on the facility's recent government inspection reports. We awarded it an A+ for that area, which is one of our best grades. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We were not able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without all of the deficiency data, it ended up being difficult to assess it in the inspections category.
To complement its strong performance in other categories, we gave this nursing home an B for our nursing rating. Our nursing score is largely associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Boonton Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded a favorable short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B. In forming these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We discovered that this facility administered the vaccine to a relatively low 86.40351 percent of its residents, which is quite a bit lower than we expected. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boonton Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boonton Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boonton Care Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boonton Care Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boonton Care Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boonton Care Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boonton Care Center, 5.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boonton Care Center, 91.97% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boonton Care Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boonton Care Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Boonton Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boonton Care Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boonton Care Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boonton Care Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 10.98 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.51 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis3.89 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc5.21 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Fmc Kenvil5.87 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301
- Fmc Dover7.97 miles away400 West Blackwell Street 2 West Dover New Jersey 07801Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 328-1812
- Fmc East Morris9.19 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown9.19 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis9.41 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave10.69 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150