Boonton Care Center is in Boonton, New Jersey. This is a fine nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Boonton Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this place excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. We weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having access to deficiency data for this nursing home, it ended up being difficult to evaluate it in terms of this category.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Boonton Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, which was a weak spot for this nursing home. We awarded this nursing home a D for long-term care, rendering this the nursing home's weakest area. We would still suggest that you consider all of a nursing home's grades. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 84.83412 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boonton Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boonton Care Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boonton Care Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which suffered falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boonton Care Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boonton Care Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boonton Care Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boonton Care Center, 5.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boonton Care Center, 92% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boonton Care Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boonton Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Boonton Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boonton Care Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boonton Care Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boonton Care Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 10.98 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.51 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis3.89 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc5.21 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Fmc Kenvil5.87 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301
- Fmc Dover7.97 miles away400 West Blackwell Street 2 West Dover New Jersey 07801Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 328-1812
- Fmc East Morris9.19 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown9.19 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis9.41 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave10.69 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150