Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This nursing home turns out to be a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better facilities in Fort Wayne. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also received favorable long-term care grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a score of B. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 80 percent of its residents. This is a few points less than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B-. In computing our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is more often than not a useful measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The final category we assessed was nursing. For that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 12.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 91.56% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethlehem Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Dekalb HealthAcute Care Hospitals 16.04 miles away1316 E Seventh St Auburn Indiana 46706Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 925-4600
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.87 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis2.22 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis2.85 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis3.91 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis6.74 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004
- Davita - Fort Wayne South7.44 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Davita - Fort Wayne West7.75 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Davita - Appleseed8.71 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC9.4 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582