Bethel Home is one of four nursing homes in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is a very strong score. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all facilities nationally. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Oshkosh senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well in its overall grade, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, we gave it one of our highest scores in that category with an A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this nursing home was given a high-end grade of A in our short-term care area. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more critical for patients needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethel Home?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing score analyzes several factors, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored turned out to be this nursing home's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it a respectable grade of B- in our long-term care category. Our long-term care grade is typically used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.651566 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethel Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethel Home, 8.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethel Home, 1.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethel Home, 2.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this metric can be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethel Home, 19.41% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethel Home, 16.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethel Home, 7.09% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethel Home, 98.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethel Home, 20.52% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethel Home, 33.01% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Bethel Home, 0.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethel Home, 33.01% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethel Home, 29.78% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethel Home, 64.86% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Oshkosh, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Oshkosh, Wisconsin has 3 other nursing homes
- Aurora Medical Ctr OshkoshAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away855 N Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 456-6000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Neenah IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away130 2nd St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 729-3100
- Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin Fox ValleyChildrens 13.11 miles away130 Second St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Other(920) 969-7900
- Ripon Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 17.67 miles away845 Parkside St Ripon Wisconsin 54971Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 748-3101
- Ascension Ne Wisconsin - St Elizabeth CampusAcute Care Hospitals 17.91 miles away1506 S Oneida St Appleton Wisconsin 54915Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 738-2000
- St Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away430 E Division St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 929-2300
- Fond Du Lac County Acute Psych UnitPsychiatric 18.37 miles away459 E First St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Government - Local(920) 929-3500
- Thedacare Medical Center - Berlin IncCritical Access Hospitals 18.53 miles away225 Memorial Drive Berlin Wisconsin 54923Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 361-1313
- Fresenius Medical Care Oshkosh LLC1.5 miles away2700 W 9th Ave Suite 101a Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 223-4990
- Davita - Oshkosh Dialysis1.54 miles awayDialysis Unit 855 North Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 303-0650
- Fmc - Neenah13.09 miles away300 N Commercial St, Ste 100 Neenah Wisconsin 54956CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (920) 725-7861
- Davita - Fond Du Lac Dialysis18.22 miles awayDialysis Unit 210 Wisconsin American Dr Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54937Dialysis Stations: 9 (920) 907-0689
- Fmc - Ripon South18.43 miles away37 Stoney Ridge Rd Ste 100 Ripon Wisconsin 54971Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 748-8651
- Davita - Green Lake County Dialysis18.64 miles away432 Oak St Berlin Wisconsin 54923Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 361-1177