Bethany Village is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 910,148 people. Featuring an overall score of B-, this appears to be a middle of the road facility. This place has a few things going for it. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more impressive category scores came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B+. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 97.04142 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Village?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second lowest score is short-term care, where it earned just a D in that category. This is a well below average grade. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. It looks like this facility was subpar in the two key staffing metrics we looked at. It provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other facilities. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
The next category we analyzed is nursing, which is this nursing home's weakest category. Sadly, it received an F for this category, which is clearly very concerning. Our nursing grade is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Village, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Village, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Village, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Village, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Village, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Village, 14.48% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Village, 91.03% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Village, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Village, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
In Bethany Village, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Village, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Village, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Village, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 6.15 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.76 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Davita - Marion County3.02 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC3.38 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Indiana Dialysis Company4.48 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.62 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.83 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Fmc - Circle City5.13 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South5.32 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Dci - Indianapolis5.32 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005