Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Framingham, Massachusetts. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded facilities we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our grading system requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility number 276 in the country. This puts it in the top two percent of all facilities. This nursing home was also given impressive scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also want to note that this facility excelled in our nursing category. We gave them an A+ in this category. When computing our nursing grades, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This top-shelf nursing home also dominated in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a score of A+. Very few facilities fared better in this area. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96.428566 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility?
This nursing home has had near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this facility was given a very favorable grade of A in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility wrapped up a straight A report card. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 91.63% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Framingham, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Framingham, Massachusetts has 5 other nursing homes
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 11.15 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham1.38 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough8.94 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- Wellesley Dialysis10.05 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley10.86 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)12.93 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Dci Walden Pond13.6 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham13.85 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston14.72 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592