Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility is a large non-profit nursing home located in Framingham, Massachusetts. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded facilities we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our grading system requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all nursing homes in the nation. This nursing home was also given impressive scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Framingham senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Framingham, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Framingham, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Framingham, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also want to note that this facility excelled in our nursing category. We gave them an A+ in this category. When computing our nursing grades, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. This is one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
In the third category we assessed, this nursing home was given strong marks in the category of long-term care. Consequently, it received one of our most impressive grades in that area with a grade of of A+. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 95.92477 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it an A- in this area. This completed a straight A report card. Short-term care ratings are vital for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 3.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.57% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 18.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients which are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 7.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 2.92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 95.74% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 13.9% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 12.54% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 12.54% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, 64.42% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 11.15 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham1.38 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough8.94 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- Wellesley Dialysis10.05 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley10.86 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)12.93 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Dci Walden Pond13.6 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham13.85 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston14.72 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592