Bentwood Nursing & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Florissant, Missouri. Our rating scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. This facility is really as bad as it gets. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bentwood Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Florissant senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, we didn't have any favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade or its category grades. Its best category was the area of short-term care. Nevertheless, with a grade of just D in this category, it still performed poorly. In our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Among this nursing home's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection rating. Generally, this means we found some major red flags on its government inspection reports. For nursing homes with poor inspection scores, you should focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we want to point out that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years totaling over $100,000. This generally indicates that a facility'sbad performance has been an issue for several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Bentwood Nursing & Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Another issue is the F this facility received in the area of long-term care. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated just 66.438354 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
The final category we assessed was nursing. This nursing home was given a very poor grade of F in this area. The nursing grade assesses a handful of subcategories, however, the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This statistic is well below the national average. To pair with its subpar totals in the area of nursing hours per resident, this nursing home also didn't perform as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in determining our nursing scores. We looked at the percent of residents experiencing major falls and pressure ulcers. This nursing home had more falls and pressure ulcers than the average nursing home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bentwood Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 16.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 4.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 1.11% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 7.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 10.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 18.04% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 78.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 9.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 5.59% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 5.59% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 8.37% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 17% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Florissant, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of F
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Florissant, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Hazelwood Dialysis1.77 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039
- Fmc - Florissant1.83 miles away577 Hodershell Road Florissant Missouri 63031Dialysis Stations: 13 (314) 831-2178
- Cross Keys Dialysis2.73 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- Metro Dialysis Center - North3.24 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis3.36 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County3.37 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- Florissant Dialysis4.48 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast4.97 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322