Bentwood Nursing & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Florissant, Missouri. Our rating scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Although the city grade in Florissant which is also just a D, you still ought to be able to do better. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this nursing home received a decent grade in the area of long-term care. We provide additional information on this category below.
Bentwood Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1501 Charbonier Road,
Florissant MO 63031
74.91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a C for that category, which is one of our better scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates that inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable score is long-term care, but even there it received a grade of just D in that category. This ended up being a well below average grade. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.96748 percent of its patients, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Bentwood Nursing & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a an abysmal grade in our short-term care category. It was given a lowly F in this area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Considering its weak grade in this category, we were not surprised to find this facility provides substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
The last category we graded is nursing. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in that area. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are with residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This particular facility averaged a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This statistic is well below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bentwood Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Scores for Florissant, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Florissant, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Hazelwood Dialysis1.77 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039
- Fmc - Florissant1.83 miles away577 Hodershell Road Florissant Missouri 63031Dialysis Stations: 13 (314) 831-2178
- Cross Keys Dialysis2.73 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- Metro Dialysis Center - North3.24 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis3.36 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County3.37 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- Florissant Dialysis4.48 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast4.97 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322