Bentwood Nursing & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Florissant, Missouri. Our rating scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Although the city grade in Florissant which is also just a D, you still ought to be able to do better. This nursing home's only redeeming feature is its inspection grade, which we provide additional information on below.
Bentwood Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of long-term care, this nursing home was given just a D in this category. Sadly, this ended up being one of its better grades. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.58064 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Bentwood Nursing & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
Another issue was the F this facility was given in the area of short-term care. With our short-term care category, we seek to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Considering its score in this category, we were not stunned to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.2 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
The last category we rated was nursing. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in this category. The nursing score features numerous data points. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bentwood Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents that were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 4.11% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 88.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bentwood Nursing & Rehab, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Scores for Florissant, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Florissant, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Hazelwood Dialysis1.77 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039
- Fmc - Florissant1.83 miles away577 Hodershell Road Florissant Missouri 63031Dialysis Stations: 13 (314) 831-2178
- Cross Keys Dialysis2.73 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- Metro Dialysis Center - North3.24 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis3.36 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County3.37 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- Florissant Dialysis4.48 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast4.97 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322