Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized government-owned facility located in Fort Worth, Texas. This facility received a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor grade. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 34 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. This place's only redeeming quality is its inspection score, which you can find more information on below.
Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we did give it an excellent grade in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next most respectable score is short-term care. However, with a D in this category, it still performed somewhat badly. Our short-term care grades are arguably more critical for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. The nursing score considers a host of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular place averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This statistic is far below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this category, which is a poor grade. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 93.71069 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.66% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Benbrook Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 8.26 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway2.81 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin2.83 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Hulen Dialysis3.66 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth4.01 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC4.53 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth4.56 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth4.94 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Rrc West Fort Worth5.06 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200