Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is located in Quakertown, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 34,651 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the more impressive facilities we looked at. A grade of this caliber requires very strong scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the country. The best part of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Quakertown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Quakertown, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a fine long-term care grade. This actually ended up being its second best category score. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 82.5 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade consists of a handful of subcategories, however, the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this facility received an excellent short-term care grade. Even though this is not quite as strong as many of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of our better scores a facility can receive. Short-term care scores are critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.7% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 88.98% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 25% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.96% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 14.3% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Belle Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.18% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.3 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis0.23 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis4.78 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown10.81 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc11.56 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown13.15 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC13.29 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis13.29 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis LLC13.48 miles away2550 Route 100, Suite 2 Macungie Pennsylvania 18062Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 336-8350