Bel Air Care Center is a small facility located in Alliance, Ohio. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded nursing homes we looked at. A score in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. We could not find many negative things to say about this place. Its scores are as good as they get. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary report card is its long-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Bel Air Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2350 South Cherry Street,
Alliance OH 44601
88.88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category, where it earned an A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the very impressive nursing hours and other staffing provided by this facility, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. We looked at the levels of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this area. This place offers extremely high levels of nursing care, averaging 4.8 hours per patient each day. This is more nursing care than nearly any other nursing home offers. Lastly, this nursing home also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. It performed as well as any facility Ohio in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Bel Air Care Center?
This nursing home has had near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this area. Inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B-. This is this facility's least impressive area. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more critical for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. It performed respectably in this metric with 45.6 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bel Air Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bel Air Care Center, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bel Air Care Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bel Air Care Center, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bel Air Care Center, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bel Air Care Center, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bel Air Care Center, 19.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bel Air Care Center, 90.11% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bel Air Care Center, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bel Air Care Center, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bel Air Care Center, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bel Air Care Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Alliance, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Alliance, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.41 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Davita - Alliance Community Dialysis0.28 miles away270 E State Street, Suite 110 Alliance Ohio 44601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 821-1657
- Fmc - Salem South14.3 miles away2345 East Pershing Street Salem Ohio 44460CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 332-2958
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis16.37 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis17.23 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis17.28 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis17.73 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC19.43 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035
- Fmc - Akron Canton Kidney Center19.59 miles away1565 Corporate Woods Pkwy Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 896-6311