Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a decent grade. This facility has a few things going for it. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive nursing rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Aliquippa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in nursing. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. We looked at the levels of nurses at the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded them a grade of B+ in that category, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility received somewhat favorable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them a decent score in that area, with a grade of C. Inspection scores are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We didn't find anything on this place's inspection report to be overly alarming.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care. We gave this facility a D in the area of long-term care, leaving this as the nursing home's least impressive category grade. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 94.23077 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 5.51% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.92% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who had UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.55% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.88% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.02% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 97.12% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 10.2% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.26% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.26% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.38% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 70.57% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Heritage Valley BeaverAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away1000 Dutch Ridge Road Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 728-7000
- Heritage Valley SewickleyAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away720 Blackburn Road Sewickley Pennsylvania 15143Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 741-7000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- East Liverpool City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.24 miles away425 West 5th Street East Liverpool Ohio 43920Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 385-7200
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.24 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Weirton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.41 miles away601 Colliers Way Weirton West Virginia 26062Government - Local(304) 797-6000
- Liberty Dialysis - Hopewell3.42 miles away400 Corporation Drive Aliquippa Pennsylvania 15001Dialysis Stations: 22 (724) 378-6304
- Liberty Dialysis - Baden3.8 miles away1682 State Street Baden Pennsylvania 15005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 869-2830
- Liberty Dialysis - Friendship Ridge7.14 miles away246 Friendship Circle Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Dialysis Stations: 6 (724) 728-4320
- Davita Thorn Run Dialysis8.39 miles away1136 Thorn Run Road, Suite j1 Coraopolis Pennsylvania 15108Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 269-2304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cranberry11.54 miles away5 Saint Francis Way Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066Dialysis Stations: 7 (724) 779-9770
- Dci of Beaver Falls / Chippewa12.32 miles away2562 Constitution Boulevard Beaver Falls Pennsylvania 15010Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 891-5044
- Liberty Dialysis - Chippewa12.51 miles away100 Pappan Business Drive Beaver Falls Pennsylvania 15010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (724) 846-5030
- Davita Avonworth Dialysis12.92 miles away259 Mt. Nebo Pointe Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Dialysis Stations: 9 (412) 364-3238