Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. This facility received an A- overall, which is an elite grade. We simply can't say enough good things about this nursing home. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded a superb score of A- in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grades are important for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.34211 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last category we analyzed is nursing. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This turned out to be this nursing home's worst category. When determining our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.23% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 88.5% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beaver Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Heritage Valley BeaverAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away1000 Dutch Ridge Road Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 728-7000
- Heritage Valley SewickleyAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away720 Blackburn Road Sewickley Pennsylvania 15143Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 741-7000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- East Liverpool City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.24 miles away425 West 5th Street East Liverpool Ohio 43920Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 385-7200
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.24 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Weirton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.41 miles away601 Colliers Way Weirton West Virginia 26062Government - Local(304) 797-6000
- Liberty Dialysis - Hopewell3.42 miles away400 Corporation Drive Aliquippa Pennsylvania 15001Dialysis Stations: 22 (724) 378-6304
- Liberty Dialysis - Baden3.8 miles away1682 State Street Baden Pennsylvania 15005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 869-2830
- Liberty Dialysis - Friendship Ridge7.14 miles away246 Friendship Circle Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Dialysis Stations: 6 (724) 728-4320
- Davita Thorn Run Dialysis8.39 miles away1136 Thorn Run Road, Suite j1 Coraopolis Pennsylvania 15108Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 269-2304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cranberry11.54 miles away5 Saint Francis Way Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066Dialysis Stations: 7 (724) 779-9770
- Dci of Beaver Falls / Chippewa12.32 miles away2562 Constitution Boulevard Beaver Falls Pennsylvania 15010Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 891-5044
- Liberty Dialysis - Chippewa12.51 miles away100 Pappan Business Drive Beaver Falls Pennsylvania 15010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (724) 846-5030
- Davita Avonworth Dialysis12.92 miles away259 Mt. Nebo Pointe Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Dialysis Stations: 9 (412) 364-3238