Beachwood Pointe Care Center is a facility located in Beachwood, Ohio, which has a total of 34,057 people. With a terrible overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. Keep in mind that Beachwood received a city grade of C, so should look at some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Beachwood Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this place a terrible overall score, we gave it a B for our inspections rating. This was the result of the facility receiving a quality inspection report this year. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing score is largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were significantly below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Beachwood Pointe Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are important for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.1 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care, in which this nursing home received a very poor score here as well. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is obviously very concerning. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 40.892197 percent of its patients. This is quite a bit below average. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beachwood Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beachwood Pointe Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Beachwood, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Beachwood, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.99 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 5.81 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.17 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.0.9 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe1.51 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.1.95 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.2.62 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Community Dialysis Center2.7 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall2.88 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis4.48 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program5.1 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013