Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. Sporting an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the road facility. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. We were also pleased to discover that this nursing home received consistently decent grades in all of the other areas we looked at. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its impeccable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with an A. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few minor dings are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
The second highest category we gave this facility in any area came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B- in this category. In the category of long-term care, we weigh the amount of services offered by a nursing home, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 97.10145 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home received a grade of C for nursing, which is generally a decent grade. Our nursing score weighs a handful of subcategories, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffered falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 12.83 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Bma - Tampa3.35 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 28 (813) 348-2922
- Fresenius Kidney Care South Tampa3.5 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Suite A Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 874-2700
- Kennedy Boulevard Dialysis3.65 miles away2205 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33606Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 254-3638
- Tampa General Hospital Esrd4.31 miles awayPediatric Dialysis 1 Tampa General Circle Tampa Florida 33601Dialysis Stations: 7 (813) 844-4210
- Greater Tampa at Home5.37 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Central Tampa Dialysis5.78 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- East Tampa Dialysis5.86 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820
- Tampa Bay Dialysis6.11 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023