Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. This place seems to have very little working in its favor. The only positive thing we can say about this facility is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Tampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we gave it a B- for inspections. This score is more respectable than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is more often than not a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The critical question is whether this adversely impacted quality of care. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. There are many subcategories included in this category. Most of these factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, while this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this metric.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in that area. In our long-term care category, we weigh the quantity of services provided by a facility, along with a handful of qualitative data points. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinates 98.47328 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 14.29% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 5.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who have sustained falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 4.15% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 17.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 99.24% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 13.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.96% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.9% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 81.07% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 12.83 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Bma - Tampa3.35 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 28 (813) 348-2922
- Fresenius Kidney Care South Tampa3.5 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Suite A Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 874-2700
- Kennedy Boulevard Dialysis3.65 miles away2205 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33606Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 254-3638
- Tampa General Hospital Esrd4.31 miles awayPediatric Dialysis 1 Tampa General Circle Tampa Florida 33601Dialysis Stations: 7 (813) 844-4210
- Greater Tampa at Home5.37 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Central Tampa Dialysis5.78 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- East Tampa Dialysis5.86 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820
- Tampa Bay Dialysis6.11 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023