Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. This place seems to have very little working in its favor. The only positive thing we can say about this facility is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3117 W Gandy Blvd,
Tampa FL 33611
73.84% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we gave it a B- for inspections. This score is more respectable than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is more often than not a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The critical question is whether this adversely impacted quality of care. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest category is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a C. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 97.81022 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we assessed was nursing. We gave this facility a grade of C in this area. When computing our nursing grades, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayshore Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 12.83 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Bma - Tampa3.35 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 28 (813) 348-2922
- Fresenius Kidney Care South Tampa3.5 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Suite A Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 874-2700
- Kennedy Boulevard Dialysis3.65 miles away2205 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33606Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 254-3638
- Tampa General Hospital Esrd4.31 miles awayPediatric Dialysis 1 Tampa General Circle Tampa Florida 33601Dialysis Stations: 7 (813) 844-4210
- Greater Tampa at Home5.37 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Central Tampa Dialysis5.78 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- East Tampa Dialysis5.86 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820
- Tampa Bay Dialysis6.11 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023